Any script you install on your site will have some kind of effect on your pagespeed.
We put a lot of work into optimizing the Affilimate snippet so your visitors won't notice a difference. Our snippet is:
- Loaded and evaluated asynchronously
- Placed at the closing
</body>tag instead of blocking in
- Merely 8.5KB in size (compared to Google Analytics (17.6KB) or Mediavine (41.9KB))
- Served by a global CDN to keep delivery fast
- Batching requests for clicks and impressions
- Able to build heatmaps without tracking mouse movement
Plus, since Affilimate is an independent app and not a WordPress plugin, all the intensive processing of your data happens on our servers, where it won't conflict with your other plugins or slow down your site.