On this page, you will learn exactly what data is collected from you, both on our marketing website but also in order to use the Affilimate web application as an end user.
For the purpose of this document, "You" or "Your" refers to visitors to this website as well as end-users of the Affilimate software. "Your visitors" refers to people who visit your site after you've installed the Affilimate snippet.
Keeping your data safe extremely important. Only minimal data is collected and shared used to keep Affilimate running.
You can change your privacy preferences at any point by using a link in the footer.
- What and how data is collected, used, and stored
- Usage of data for marketing purposes
- Your data protection rights
- All about cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to get in touch
What and how data is collected, used, and stored
When you visit this website or create an Affilimate account:
- Personal identification information (Name and email address)
- Payment information (collected and handled exclusively by Stripe, a payment service provider)
What data is collected about your visitors after you've installed the Affilimate snippet:
Affilimate does not collect any personally identifiable information (called PII) from the visitors of your website, pursuant to GDPR Article 4 § 1. None of its data can be used directly or indirectly to identify an individual, nor is its anonymized data shared with third-party services. Affilimate does not store IP addresses or do browser fingerprinting.
The snippet does collect anonymous information about your visitors, such as the type of device they're using (desktop, mobile, or tablet) and links clicked and viewed during that session, what page was being viewed at the time, and other anonymous information.
How your data is collected
You provide this data directly, specifically when you:
- Provide your name and a link to your website in an email form
- Register and create an account
- Subscribe as a paying user of the Affilimate web application
No other sources are currently involved.
How your data is used
Your data is used to:
- Process your subscription
- Create and administer your account
- Email you product updates or service notifications
- Understand how you use the product so it can be improved
If you agree, your data will also be shared with the third-party tools Affilimate is built on:
|Google Cloud Platform (GCP)||Hosting||
|Plausible Analytics||Web Analytics||
|Fathom Analytics||Web Analytics||
|Microsoft Clarity||Product Analytics||
|Google Workspace (Email, Docs)||Communication||
How your data is stored
Your data is stored securely on Google Cloud Platform, and is hosted in the United States.
If you subscribe to the Affilimate blog, sign up for a trial account, or use one of our free products, your email address will be stored for up to one year. After which time, you'll be asked whether you'd like to continue to stay on our email list and receive product updates.
Usage of data for marketing purposes
We do not sell your email address or send you gobs of email. We will let you know about new product developments such as new features, special offers, or just generally good news.
We may email you with useful information about one of our partners, but we do not share your email address with them directly.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date, either using the "Unsubscribe" option inside the email itself. Or, you can manage your email preferences inside the Affilimate app in the Settings screen under the "Notifications" tab.
You have the right at any time to stop me from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com and I'll remove you from any mailing list you may be a part of.
Your data protection rights
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request I complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, you are entitle to a reply within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All about cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in to Affilimate
- Understanding how you use the websites
- Preventing duplicate information from being sent to our server
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses. The usage of cookies differs between the marketing website (which you're on right now) and the Affilimate web application (which you need to sign in to). Both cookie usages will be described below.
- Functionality – Affilimate uses these cookies to recognize you are on the website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- User experience and analytics – These cookies collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the features you used, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
- Marketing - If you opted-in to cookies on this website, some limited aspects of this data may be shared with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners (for example, if we are running an ad campaign and we need to track that you indeed arrived at affilimate.com through that campaign). This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. You may, however, opt-out from that using the cookie bar.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. Our marketing website will work fine without cookies enabled, but you need to enable cookies in order to log in to the Affilimate web app.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact the appropriate authority
The Berlin Data Protection Authority is located at Friedrichstrasse 219 in Berlin, Germany.
How to get in touch