These instructions will help you get connected with ClickBank quickly.
If you want a more detailed explanation with screenshots, click here to jump to detailed instructions.
How to create a Developer API Key:
- Open the ClickBank dashboard in a new tab
- In the left menu, go to Accounts and click the account you want to connect
- In the account dashboard, click Account Settings in the navigation
- Scroll to the bottom until Developer API Keys and click Edit
- Create a new key called Affilimate
- Copy the Developer Key starting with DEV- into Affilimate
How to create a Clerk Key:
- Return to the ClickBank Dashboard
- Click Users in the left menu
- Click Create New User and select the checkbox next to Is this an API-only user?
- Give the user a description like Affilimate and then click Save
- Copy the API key into Affilimate's input field Clerk Key
Start by opening two tabs in your web browser:
We need to find two pieces of information to create the connection between Affilimate and Awin's platform.
- Developer Key
- Clerk Key
Now let's connect ClickBank to Affilimate.
Step 1. Create Your Developer Key
In the left navigation menu, go to Accounts and click on the nickname of the account you want to connect.
In the ClickBank Account, click Account Settings.
Scroll down to the bottom to the section called Developer API Keys and click Edit.
Click Create New Developer Key.
Name your key with a description called Affilimate and press Save.
You'll see a key under the heading Developer API Key that begins with
Copy and paste that key into Affilimate under the field Developer API Key.
Step 2. Create Your Clerk Key
Return to the ClickBank master account dashboard, and click the Users icon.
Then click Create New User.
You can check the box for "Is this an API-only user?", name it Affilimate, and then press Save.
Copy the API Key, which begins with
API-, into Affilimate under the field Clerk Key.
Feel free to adjust the Permissions so the Affilimate Clerk Key is read-only for
Step 3. Test your connection and import past commissions
After you test your connection, you'll be asked how many months worth of sales you'd like to import.
Follow the steps and you'll be done!